1. Clifford's Experiential Shakespeare Reading Workshops — Shakesperience! ®:
CJS organizes people from all walks of life into operative teams who read aloud entire Shakespeare Plays in one sitting. We meet in private homes or in public spaces with a homey, comfortable environment which allows eating food. These Experiential Shakespeare Reading Workshops involve groups ranging from a minimum quorum of twelve (12) people and up to a maximum of twenty (20) participants. Individuals may hire CJS to conduct an Experiential Shakespeare Workshop in their own homes for their choice of family, friends, or social contacts. Corporations may hire CJS to conduct an Experiential Shakespeare Workshop for employees or business contacts to enhance and develop cordial and trusting human resources.
2. Structured Conversation with Poetry® is a workshop facilitated by Clifford Joseph Schwartz, MA, in which participants explore the history of poetry in the English language while using that poetry to seize the power of words to discover and express what it is that we truly think and feel.
Principle for Structured Conversation with Poetry® :
• We avoid chit-chat and small talk
• We develop and expand our listening skills as we build a civilized conversation.
• We do not interrupt or debate.
• We practice active and consistent listening to replace gratuitous verbal sparring.
• We think aloud and wonder aloud.
• We explore and discover intellectually.
• Through structured conversation with poetry we uncover and express the meanings in our lives.
• English majors & former college English majors delightedly share and teach their knowledge about poetry.
• Poetry Beginners are Welcome!
• No homework! Preparation between meetings is not required.
Masters Thesis Title:"The Sea and the Mirror: W.H. Auden's Poetic Commentary on Shakespeare's The Tempest".